Two Ways to Fix Your Broken Outlook Personal Folder (PST) File Issue
Nowadays, MS Outlook is the most preferable email client being used by business or professional users. It can save mailbox items like Inbox Items, Deleted Items, Sent Items, Contacts, Notes, etc., in PST file format. Each Outlook account has a single .pst file associated with it and this file is the most sensitive file for any Outlook profile holder. Thus, if any damage occurs in PST, which can cause temporary or permanent data loss. Therefore, in this blog, we will discuss various methods to fix your broken Outlook Personal Folder (PST) file issue in detail. Before that, let us cover all possible reasons due to which this error message may occur.
Various Reasons For PST File Corruption**
At certain times, MS Outlook behaves improperly, freezes frequently or PC shuts down, it means your Outlook Personal Folders (PST) file is corrupted. Find quick ways to repair damaged Outlook PST file using an efficient third party utility called SysTools Outlook PST Recovery Tool. Thus, there might be following reasons behind the corruption in Outlook PST file. Some of them are listed below just have a look:
- The sudden termination of MS Outlook while accessing the mailbox data
- Virus, worms, trojan or malware infection to Outlook PST file
- PST data file is growing beyond a certain size limit.
- Errors occur while moving a PST file from one system to another
- If hard drive emerges bad sectors and PST is stored in one of such sectors it will become damaged or corrupted.
Fix Your Broken Outlook Personal Folder (PST) File Manually
Microsoft offers an Inbuilt Repair Tool known as ScanPST.exe with Outlook that can repair Outlook personal folder file minor issues in Outlook 2016 and other below editions. To utilize this application, follow the steps that are listed below:
1) First of all, open MS Outlook application on your local system
2) Then, you have to launch ScanPST.exe and click on browse to find out the faulty PST files. If you are not aware of PST file location, but notice that you have one PST file that is automatically created with MS Outlook, then open up the Explorer window and type the below command:
you can see your PST data file in the given list, usually known as Outlook.pst.
3) Once your PST file is opened within ScanPST.exe, click on the Start button to begin file scan. The scanning will take much time to accomplish depending on the size of the PST file.
4) After completing the scan process, a report will display with any other errors that are found. Now, click on Repair button to resolve such errors and press OK button when the repair process gets completed.
Some Drawbacks of Manual Solution
As we all know, ScanPST.exe utility may fix your broken Outlook personal folders (PST) file 2016, it has few limitations. Let us have a look:
1. Usually, it will take a long time to accomplish the recovery process
2. A single wrong step can lead to disastrous consequences.
3. Find out the location of faulty PST file may not be simple for a novice user
4. It may be unable to fix major level corruption issues within Outlook PST
A Feasible Solution: Outlook Recovery Tool
Well, to overcome the above-described limitations of the manual approach. Thus, users can take help of a reliable third-party tool named as SysTools Outlook PST Repair Software. It is designed in such a way to repair Outlook personal Folder file with both minor or major level of corruption. Further, it allows recovering multiple PST Files of MS Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 versions in bulk mode. It has a single and user-friendly interface that even a non-technical user can understand its working easily and fix your broken Outlook personal folders (PST) file. There are some extraordinary features of this application, those are mentioned below:
1) Recover all PST files in batch with business as well as Enterprise license
2) No file size limitation to repair PST file corruption of Microsoft Outlook
3) Allows to repair damaged .pst file in terms of minor or major corruption
4) Retrieve all PST data items such as emails, contacts, tasks, calendars, etc.
4) Tool permits to recover permanently or hard deleted Outlook PST data files
5) Capable to support both ANSI as well as UNICODE file format to recover data
MS Outlook plays a significant role in business success. But, sometimes users may face various issues while using this desktop-based email application. Out of which, one such error is “your Outlook PST file broken”. Therefore, in this blog, we have covered manual as well as automated approaches to fix your broken Outlook personal folders (PST) file 2016. But, there are some drawbacks while using the manual solution, in that case, users prefer the third-party tool. Thus, we have mentioned all of the two approaches to resolve this problem. You just follow the above listed steps and get rid of this issue without any hassle.